Transforming the future of healthcare in New Jersey through innovative nursing leadership.
The mission of ONL NJ is to:
- Advocate for healthcare issues and policies through active participation by nurse leaders.
- Engage nurse leaders in research, education, mentorship, and networking.
Core Strategic Initiatives
- Fiscal accountability to support our strategic imperatives
- To be a dominant authority in influencing healthcare policy and delivery in New Jersey
- Create a culture of membership engagement across healthcare continuum
- Leadership development for current and future nurse leaders.
- Strengthen ONL NJ to have a prominent position and positive image for nursing in New Jersey.
ONL NJ is
ONL NJ is the Voice of Nursing Leadership
- More than 600 members strong
- Representing 90% of the hospitals in New Jersey
- Responsible for a combined workforce that exceeds 116,000 active registered nurses
- Aspiring nurse leaders
- Nurse Managers
- Clinical Nurse Leaders
- Administrative Directors of Nursing and Patient Care
- Vice Presidents of Nursing
- Chief Nursing Officers
- Healthcare Business Representatives
- Retired Nursing Leaders
- Nursing leaders across the continuum of healthcare
- Legislative/public policy issues related to nursing and patient care issues
- Evidence based practices and research
- Staff development/education programs
- Leadership development
- Mentorship for aspiring nurse leaders at all levels
- Quality patient care initiatives